Do I need a doctor’s referral or prescription for services?
It depends on your insurance provider. Prior to booking an appointment contact them directly to learn your coverage details such as what is your maximum annual coverage per therapy service (Physiotherapy, Massage, Orthotics,etc) per year, as well as the maximum payable amount they will cover per session.
Is the building wheelchair accessible?
Yes, our clinic is located at street level and we are fully accessible indoors.
Is parking available?
Yes, we offer free parking at the back of our building.
How long will my physiotherapy appointment last?
Initial physiotherapy appointments last between 60-90 minutes depending on the case, initial visit includes assessment and partial treatment. Follow-up visits typically range from 30 to 60 minutes.
What is a typical physiotherapy treatment?
It is usually a combination of manual therapy (therapist provides hands on soft tissue and joints mobilization), facilitation of exercises and or movements pattern towards your goals, modalities (TENS, IFC, therapeutic ultrasound, heat, cold, wax bath, acupuncture) for pain management as needed. We educate you on how to resume functional activities and a few home exercises towards restoring your goals.
What if I have been in a car accident?
Once you contact us we will assist you to navigate the MVA system and guide you in completing the necessary documents required prior to beginning therapy. With your informed consent, we will assist you and work in collaboration with other health care professionals involved in your care.
MVA (claims regarding motor vehicle accident)
We will work with you and your insurance company accordingly with FISCO (Financial Services Commission of Ontario) regulations and others involved on your claim. Please contact us for further details.
How do fees and billing work?
Private: Paying out of pocket or extended health care plans.
We require that you pay prior to initiating assessment and/or treatment at our clinic. We will ensure that you have the appropriate invoice or receipt as per your insurance company request.
When applicable, our receptionists would be glad to assist you with contacting your insurance provider and collect information about your coverage plan, as long as you are present.
Please note that it is your responsibility to confirm the details of your coverage plan. We require that you confirm whether your insurance plan requires you to have a doctor’s referral or prescription in order to have your claim reimbursed.
While you are at the clinic and upon full payment for your therapy session, our receptionist will be glad to electronically submit your claim on your behalf.
How do I book an appointment?
- You can call (416) 207 0404, email us at [email protected] and our receptionists will be happy to help you.
- We will email you initial intake forms (personal date, consent, privacy statement, and billing policy forms)
- Please review, print and complete your intake forms (if printing is not an option come in 5 minutes prior to your appointment to fill in these forms)
- Bring the intake forms, any hospital/specialist and or doctor’s referral/reports, test results, or insurance information that you may have with you on the day of your assessment.
- Wear comfortable clothes and athletic shoes if possible for your appointment.
- Come in 5 minutes before your first appointment if you have any question to ask or needs assistance to complete your intake forms if not completed at home.
What to expect when coming to KAIZEN PILATES Studio
- All appointments are spaced 10 minutes apart to prevent multiple individuals from being in our Studio at the same time and to allow time for disinfecting between appointments.
- Equipment is spaced appropriately to ensure social distancing.
- All surfaces in private areas, reception areas and common areas (including doorknobs, handles, etc.) are disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is provided for your convenience.
- Instructors wear masks during your appointment and follow strict hand hygiene protocols.
- Air purifiers have been placed around our facilities to ensure the air is filtered, aiding in the removal of bacteria, dust, odours, particulates, pollen, viruses, etc.
How To Prepare For Your PILATES Workout
- At Kaizen Pilates you will have the option to wear or remove your mask in the studio (lower level back entrance) but must wear a mask to enter the main level at Kaizen Physiotherapy clinic grounds and all common areas. We ask that you kindly provide your own mask (either disposable mask or cloth mask).
- For health and safety reasons, we are requiring that all clients now wear grip socks in the Kaizen Studio to prevent slips and falls. This is because we are no longer able to provide rubber made sticky mats in the studio, as they cannot be properly disinfected in accordance with Public Health guidelines and to ensure proper hygiene for all clients.
- We have men’s and women’s grip socks available for purchase at the studio if you do not have your own.
- Please arrive for your appointment no longer than 5 minutes before to your scheduled time. If you are earlier please wait outside, as the main back entrance to Kaizen Pilates Studio, will be locked until then, so we can effectively manage the number of people in the space as per government guidelines
- Please wear your workout clothes to your appointment, as our change area is not available at this time
- Please bring a pre-filled water bottle for hydration during your workout.
- For health and safety reasons, we are asking that clients to sanitize all equipment used during their session, with our Health Canada approved disinfectant. You are also welcome to sanitize your own equipment prior to use.